Re: sata_sil24 failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED (resolved)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Robert Hancock wrote:

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Tomas Lund <tlund@xxxxxx> wrote:

I have unlocked and tested a total of 4 disks now, both the samsung 1TB and 3 of the WDC 2TB disks. Thank you very much! Left to do: test that everything is working with the PMP aswell.

Good to hear.

I now have all of my drives up and working, running on the PMP and everything is looking perfectly. Thanks again for your help.

Question: Would it be unreasonable to request that the kernel would issue the apropriate ATA-commands to a disk as soon as it is detected, and not try to read from it if it is locked? It would have been really, really nice to just get the error message "drive is locked".

It should be possible to indicate that, yes. I'll look into it when I get a chance, if someone doesn't beat me to it..

Perfect!

//tlund