Re: Corrupt data - RAID sata_sil 3114 chip

Robert Hancock wrote:
It's something to check, yes. It would be somewhat surprising if that were occurring - detected PCI parity errors should cause a target abort and cause a transfer failure, not silent data corruption. But again, on an old VIA chipset, for this to be handled improperly wouldn't be shocking :-)

I believe that this is only the case if the motherboard BIOS sets bit 6 in the Control register to tell the device to respond to parity errors. Most of the "server" motherboards I've seen do. None of the non-server motherboards that I've just looked at do....

The Status flag "should" still work whether the "parity error response" flag is set, or not...

Cheers,

Tim.