Re: PATA port not detected when using AHCI on Intel 82801GB/GR/GH

On 23/01/10 14:38, Alan Cox wrote:
PATA_LEGACY Depends on: ATA [=y]&&  ATA_SFF [=y]&&  ISA [=n]&&
EXPERIMENTAL [=y]                                            │

So I have to turn on ISA for it to build. But that's not possible on
x86_64 because it depends on X86_32. I'll try a 32bit build later, but
I'd really like to be able to stay on x86_64. Is there a workaround?

Remove the&&  ISA in Kconfig - that's bogus.

Aha. I'll try that later tonight, have some errands to run now.

That would make me think it's actually wired to the ICH. Maybe also to
the LPC bus but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if thats even possible.

I'm not sure what occurs if you set up the address decode on the ICH for
the port and then hide it. Seems a strange thing to do but it might be
the case, and if so we can probably add a Linux quirk based on the DMI
data to unhide it.

Right, so I totally forgot to post the link to that data :)

You can find full dmidecode at http://dx.infernix.net/ss4200/, including dmesg in both enhanced and compatible mode.

Thanks :)