Re: HSM violations from ATA PACKET cmd ABRT errors in initial comms with LG GH22 SATA DVDRW

Hello,

On 01/20/2010 04:57 PM, thomas schorpp wrote:
>> I think AC_ERR_OTHER can still be too much.  AC_ERR_* bits should only
>> be set when the command failed for that reason.  Here, underrun is
>
> Overruns from my port status log, not underruns?
> port_status 0x20280000, 0x2020, (Data Transfer Overrun Error & Target
> Device Fault)?

Well, it depends on which way you look from.  It's data underrun from
the device and overrun from the sglist.  Apparently sata_promise likes
to see it from the sglist.  :-)

>> expected, so not really an error condition.  But, for example, under
>> or overrun for an ATA R/W command should trigger HSM failure.  I think
>> the above error detection logic needs to be improved a bit.
>
> Well I generally don't feel comfortable with any unknown state output
> EHs, too, but if ata spec conformant, we're fine, aren't we?

Yeap, I was just saying that the condition here wasn't really an error
condition and as such shouldn't set AC_ERR_* bit.

Thanks.

--
tejun