Re: sata_promise fails to detect all 4 HDD on the TX4 since 2.6.26

Mike Cui writes:
 > If you want the full kernel boot log I can get it to you in a couple
 > of days. But here is what I remember from the kernel logs. It probes
 > each of the 4 ports, and it always thinks that the first port is "link
 > down". The drives I have plugged into it are samsung HD753LJ

1. Have you tried with different disks on port 0? Preferably also
   with different models or from different manufacturers.
2. Does it matter if all ports are populated? Is there any difference
   if only port 0 is populated as opposed to all 4 being populated?

Full boot logs from the last working kernel and first non-working one would
be useful. And please make them www.kernel.org kernels, not Ubuntu ones.

/Mikael