Re: libata timeouts when stressing a Samsung HDD

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:29:43 -0500
Mark Lord <liml@xxxxxx> wrote:

Unless this has changed in the past year, the worst case for SATA cache flush can definitely exceed 30 seconds... it is unbounded as defined in the spec, and unbounded in practice as well.
..

But I don't think we've yet seen a proven case of it taking too long
for the current libata timeouts.  Unless it's happening now.
T'would be good to find out..  Chuck?

How do I change the timeout?
..

Heh.. actually, I'm not entirely sure myself.
This stuff bounces between the block, scsi, and ata layers,
and I think it's set before it gets to libata.

Tejun?