From: "Jeff Garzik" <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 4:49 PM
To: "dunneil" <dunneil@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ahci.c

dunneil wrote:
if there are two ASATA controller inside motherboard, it will cause
conflict
for BUS Master Enable bit? Do i need disable the motherboard integrated
ASATA controoller for my separate ASATA controller FPGA board?

You can have as many AHCI PCI devices as you wish.

Each PCI device has its own Bus Master Enable bit in the PCI Command
register.

Jeff