Re: ahci.c

if there are two ASATA controller inside motherboard, it will cause conflict
for BUS Master Enable bit? Do i need disable the motherboard integrated ASATA controoller for my separate ASATA controller FPGA board?

From: "Jeff Garzik" <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:50 AM
To: "dunneil" <dunneil@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ahci.c

dunneil wrote:
hi,

  My hardware is AHCI SATA controller with FPGA-based PCIE board.My
kernel is 2.6.20.7. after insmod ahci.ko, i run lspci -xxxxvvvv
command.but,it seems that it doesn't set the BUS master enable bit of
PCIE header command register.plz check my header content.

  But,i run Pcitree software at windows.The BUS master enable is
observed to be set,and that i can read out a part of sata register value.

  how to debug this issue?

ahci.c calls pci_set_master() to enable the BusMaster bit.

Jeff