Re: ata_std_qc_defer not good enough for FIS-based switching ?

Mark Lord wrote:
Mark Lord wrote:
..
At the moment, I have the Sil PM plugged in, and it all behaves nicely.
The previous failure was with the Marvell PM, so I'll hook that up next
and retest with it.
..

It went bonkers again.  This is with 2.6.25.
I'll build 2.6.26-git and try again with that shortly.

One thing about sata_sil24 --> it *really* doesn't like to handle
hotplug events while in the midst of EH.

I unplugged the host cable from the PM, and the EH just kept on
going and going.

I then unplugged the sata_sil24 PCIe host adapter card,
and it still took quite some time to give up on the Energizer Bunny routine. :)

Heh... The retry count on the host side when PMP is attached is set higher because losing the PMP means losing all devices beyond it. I agree it would be better to add a total time limit there tho.

Thanks.

--
tejun