RE: sata_mv errata function

Understood Mark - I wasn't expecting that this was complete! I think
we'll all clap very hard when you say - DONE!

Also, I've got to say, that you've been so helpful with my problems
with this chip in the past, I've really appreciated all your help!

As you saw in my post - we have a vibration problem - that seems to
cause some type of performance problem without any errors occurring.

Very weird! IFF we completely isolate the disk from the chassis -
the write performances goes up to what we expect ~75Mbs - but with it
in the box - based upon how much vibration (directly related to
heat - you can figure out what is causing vibration) - the performance
goes down to the tube. We see NO errors at the sata level - and
using SMART/smartctl we do not seem to see any errors that point to
something we can fix easily...

Our hardware engineer is looking into the affect of changing these
values:

   SQ (squelch detector threshold) in PHY Mode 3 register.
   TxPRE (transmitter pre-emphasis) in PHY Mode 2 register.
   TXAmp (transmitter differential Amplitude) in PHY mode 2 register.

I believe he has gotten some suggestions from the disk manufacturer and
Marvell - so we shall see what comes of it!

I'll keep you all updated...

Tom