Re: sata_sil24 stability and performance

Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

1. Keep existing system, but utilize 2 PCI-X slots for SATA controllers. This requires using 8-port adapters, like the one I already have Supermicro Marvell based. The question is - how stable sata_mv these days? It still says HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL...
..

It will lose that status early in the 2.6.26 timeframe.

Currently it does seem to work reasonably, with NCQ even,
but there are still errata for me to get round to fixing,
and the IRQ/EH/Reset code needs some work to ensure it can
always recover when something weird happens.

Port multiplier support is working now, and will be pushed
for 2.6.26 along with other fixes and stuff.

ATAPI support may yet follow before the summer.

Cheers

-ml