Re: Trouble with hdparm -d on Dell D610

Thank you.  I took the CD-Rom out, so that's why it didn't show.  Very
observant!

My concern with disabling the new drivers is as follows: I use this
linux kernel and config image to boot machines over PXE and call a
shred program on each of the harddrives.  If I turn off CONFIG_ATA,
will this limit my ability to support various new IDE and SATA drives
for running shred?  So far, the configuration I have works well with
most of the machines I encounter  (and with both SATA and IDE drives),
except for the Dell D610 and HP 7700 (small desktop pc).  The models I
just mentioned run the shred really slow, which I believe is due to
the DMA problem I was having (outlined in my previous emails).  Any
thoughts?

--
Kristin Vadas Marsicano
kristin.marsicano@xxxxxxxxx