Re: Sata 4726 Testing

Gaston, Jason D wrote:
> Attached are two dmesg outputs from 2.6.24-rc7 with only this simg quirk
> patch applied.
>
> The first (dmesg_wSipatch) was generated with the PMP turned off during
> boot and then powered on, while connected to eSATA.
>
> The second (dmesg_poweronoff) was generated with the PMP turned on and
> connected to eSATA during boot.  Then I turned the PMP off, let the
> drives disappear from /sys/block/ and then turned on the PMP and let the
> drives reappear in /sys/block/.
>
> Please let me know if there is something else I can do.

Thanks for testing.  It seems the errors you're seeing occur while the
drives are initializing.  I'll look into that more but with or without
the patch, all the devices are detected and usable, right?

On 3726, the quirk patch has an unfortunate side effect of causing the
first DMA commands to timeout.  I'll go and test 4726.

Thanks.

--
tejun
-