RE: ATAPI devices in AHCI mode not working

>>Yeah, there has been quite some update in libata between SLES10_SP1
and
>>2.6.24-rc1.  The controller being ahci, I wonder whether this is
caused
>>by the different in check_atapi_dma().
>>
>>1. Does other optical drives have the same problem?  If not, please
>post
>>the result of "hdparm -I /dev/sr0" with the problematic one attached.
>>
>>2. If you apply the attached patch to 2.6.24-rc1, does it behave the
>>same as the SLES10SP1 kernel?
>>
>>--
>>Tejun
>
>All of the ATAPI drives seem to have the issue of taking a while to
slow
>down and start working.  I will try the patch and see what happens.  I
>will also get the hdparm info from all of the drives I am using to see
>if something stands out.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jason

Tejun,

Attached are the hdparm -I /dev/cdrom results for the three other drives
I am using.  These do not include the original drive that had the major
issues on, TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S183L.

Applying the patch to the 2.6.24-rc kernel did not cause the same
behavior, which I am seeing with older kernels.  Instead, everything
seemed to be fine until I tried to automount the drive, which said that
there was no media.  I was however, able to manually mount the drive.

Thanks,

Jason