Re[2]: Sata Sil3512 bug?

Hello Alexander,

Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 10:31:17 AM, you wrote:

> Mikael Pettersson wrote:

>>> I'm thinking of replacing both 3512 controllers with a Promise SATA300
>>> TX4. Do you know if there are problems with this device?
>>
>> (please don't top-post)
>>
>> There are no known data-corruption issues with Promise SATA cards.
>> However, some of them, especially the 2nd generation SATA300 TX4,
>> are known to trigger intermittent error interrupts (that are dealt
>> with but may cause a speed reduction) in some systems. We're still
>> scratching our heads on that issue.
>>

> But see this thread:

> http://marc.info/?l=linux-ide&m=119122463403033&w=2
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ide/msg14868.html

> Personally I would not recommend Promise SATA300 TX4 at the moment.

That is not hopefull. Highpoint does not have sata controllers (Except
softraid controllers). Other (real raid controllers) brands are too
expensive or/and does not have a PCI interface.
Maybe i should keep those 3512 cards? How are the user experiences
with these controllers (except nvidia boards)? Because i don't really
trust the intel boards so using the Asus would be an option.

--
Best regards,
 MisterE                            mailto:MisterE2002@xxxxxxxxx

-