Re[2]: Sata Sil3512 bug?

Hello Tejun,

I build another setup with almost the same hardware.
This motherboard had already the latest bios.
I notice that the computer does almost never find the hard drive
although the controller is found every time (with lspci). So i get no
drive (sda) assigned. I don't always see the "bios" screen from the
controller at startup. And in the past it showed the hard drive.
So i could not experiment with this motherboard.

After that i installed Windows XP and used the orginal (sweex)
drivers with the first motherboard. This also makes the data corrupt.
So it seems not to be an linux problem. So there is something wrong with
the motherboard or the 3512 controller.

After that i plugged both hard drives (ide with windows and sata disk)
to the Asus board. No data corruption. So the hard disks are'nt the
problem either.

I'm thinking of replacing both 3512 controllers with a Promise SATA300
TX4. Do you know if there are problems with this device?

--
Best regards,
 MisterE                            mailto:MisterE2002@xxxxxxxxx

-