Re: Sata Sil3512 bug?

Alan Cox wrote:
>> sda1 are corrupted (2 to 4 blocks missing). Copying that data back to
>> Windows and it give the same results in Quickpar. So reading does not
>> have problems. The data written to hda1 is correct.
>
> We've got a whole pile of reports like this with the 3512 and almost
> always Nvidia chipset, plus reports of BIOS updates fixing it. That you
> see something similar on intel boards is a bit worrying.

Multiple sil3112/3512 + nvidia chipset problem doesn't usually involve
device errors or timeouts.  It usually corrupts data silently.  And,
yeah, data corruption on intel board is really disturbing.

MisterE, do you have any processor powersaving mechanism enabled?  If
so, can you disable all and see whether that changes anything?

--
tejun
-