Re: Still having problems with sata_promise on all late kernels - shutdown too - BISECTED

Brad Campbell wrote:
> Tejun Heo wrote:
>> Brad Campbell wrote:

>>> Very interesting indeed..
>>>
>>> for i in /dev/sd* ; do echo $i ; hdparm -y $i ; done
>>>
>>> sda-sdh worked fine.. sdi locked the box.
>>>
>>> So it's dying on the 3rd or 4th controller.
>>
>> That's weird.  You seem to have the same controllers and drives.  What
>> happens if you spin down from hdi upwards?
>>

> Any attempt to spin down sdi-sdo in any order locks hard. Any attempt to
> spin down sda-sdh works in any combination/permutation.

Hmmm... I'm out of ideas.  It definitely sounds like some sort of
hardware problem to me.  I think the best way to diagnose the problem is
playing the tedious but often rewarding add-remove-swap game with the
hardware and see to which piece or combination of pieces the problem is
attached.

Thanks.

--
tejun