Re: 40-wire/80-wire detection

> >>Craig Block wrote:
> >>
> >>I'm having a problem with the 80-wire/40-wire cable detection

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >
> >If you signal a 40-wire cable too fast, you get trouble with a
> >capital T.

Thanks everyone for graciously replying to my negative email.  I was
pretty irritated when I found I could not disable the downgrade.

That's fine if the driver nags about the cable, but it should up to the
user to deal with it.  And, like any nag, it should be possible to shut
if off.

As it stands, I will have to run these drives at ATA33.  My only
recourse is to hack the driver and disable the check.  With *me*
hacking on the code, I really run the risk of damaging my data.

Patches anyone?