Re: IDE driver in polling mode

Alan Cox wrote:
    Ah, no interrupts at all...
The old IDE core in drivers/ide/ certainly doesn't support polling mode and IRQ-less devices. AFAICS, libata also doesn't support the latter...

libata has much of the framework to do this as it originally did all of
its PIO work much this way. That is probably the most productive place to
start hacking.

Yep.

The only real restriction in libata is in ata_device_add(), which unconditionally registers an irq handler. Make a few changes there, add a few flags, and the existing polling code will kick in.

Once we have higher priority stuff sorted, I would like to look into things like activating the polling code when it becomes obvious that the system is not delivering interrupts.

	Jeff

-