Re: PATA Sil680 Command Timeout on ARM XScale

Fajun Chen wrote:
Since primary channel and secondary channel share the same IRQ,  the
ISR could be called to service one or both channels. So I would think
it's normal to see "irq trap" traces when both channels are in IO
operation, correct?

The irq trap code only occurs after a certain number of unhandled interrupts.

I have another question in regard to ata_host_intr() function in
libata-core.c. For PIO read/write, the status of interrupt pin was not
checked before moving the host state machine.  Sil680 spec. recommend
checking IDE channel interupt (bit 11 in the IDEx Task File Timing and
Config + Status register) though.  Could someone explain why interrupt
status does not need to be checked for PIO?

Reading the Status register (as opposed to AltStatus) should clear the interrupt condition, on standard hardware.

	Jeff

-