Re: Again problems with PDC20268 and vol_id

Hi Sergey,

> Is the partition table correct?  Maybe the partition extends beyond
> the end of physical disk for some reason, and when the kernel tries to
> access last blocks of the partition, it actually tries to read sectors
> beyond the actual drive capacity, which fails and exposes broken error
> handling in the Promise IDE driver.
>
> I have added the linux-ide mailing list to Cc: - problems related to
> IDE/ATA drivers (both old IDE, which you are using currently, and
> newer libata) should be discussed there.

Last night I copied all data on the /dev/hdg2 partition to other partitions,
removed the /dev/hdg2 partition and recreated it. Currently everything works
flawless !!!

Apparently there is a bug in the promise IDE pdc202xx_new.c driver :)

Thank you very much for the help!!!

Regards,

Guido Diepen

--
Aviation is proof that given the will, we have the
capacity to achieve the impossible.