Re: Problems (and confusions) with Intel ICH7 SATA controller

Florian Echtler wrote:
Hello everybody,

I hope this is the right place to ask.. :-)

I have an Acer Aspire 5550 laptop with Core Solo processor and the Intel
ICH7 Chipset. Most of the hardware works fine, with the exception of
suspend-to-ram.
I have a strong suspicion that the SATA controller is to blame for that,
as I have tried every possible combination of s2ram parameters and still
the display stays black upon resume, only the hard disk LED lights up
and stays that way.

I have seen suggestions to try the ahci driver instead of the ata_piix
driver, however, as far as I understand this would need switching the
controller mode in BIOS. The BIOS is, unfortunately, utterly crippled
and gives almost no options to change anything beyond the system clock.

Is this a known problem with ICH7? Can anybody give me some additional
hints?

Which version of kernel are you using?

--
tejun