Re: HPA and failed opcode was: 0x37 ?

Hello.

Steven Scholz wrote:

Maybe the FPGA is discarding the taskfile writes once the HOB bit is
set?  It wouldn't affect the READ NATIVE MAX ADDRESS EXT command being
issued since the only the command register matters for that, but it
would affect SET MAX ADDRESS EXT working properly.

Without a device > 137GB to test with, and without errors on the
device, you might not see any odd behavior in normal usage.

It's *really* unlikely the drive doesn't have a working taskfile.

I am sorry. But I don't understand what a "working taskfile" means.
I don't have CONFIG_IDE_TASK_IOCTL enabled if that means anything.

The FPGA does nothing except decoding adresseses from the ARM cpu,
controlling the A[2..0], CS[1..0], IOR, IOW lines of the HDD.

I've not seen you quoting the code that sets ofsset for the IDE_CONTROL_REG, BTW... Without this register, LBA48 is completely broken

In linux all I do is setting up some hw_regs_t struct (with hw.io_ports[])
according to my memory map and call ide_register_hw() ...

So looks like I need to find out more about that taskfile stuff.

Taskfile is another (and probably an older one) anme for the IDE command block registers.

Steven

MBR, Sergei
-