Re: pata_sis:sg_write errors

Hi
Thank you for your help.  So all I need to do is update the sg3_utils?
It's the only package I can find dealing with sg and scsi? And do I
have to set this parameter or is it automatically set?  I've never
dealt with this scsi system, because all I have are pata disks.  No
sata nor scsi.

This is not a kernel bug.  The SCSI midlayer is bitching that grip
hasn't set certain parameter while using the sg interface (which
previous kernels have ignored).  grip should be updated to use proper
parameter.  So, no, 2.6.20-rcX won't fix it.  You need to update grip.

--
tejun

~Jordan Neumeyer
-