Re: A question to Uwe Koziolek (raid on sis180)

Hello.
Could you help me with such a question.
A have sis180 and raid0 on two sata disks. In windows all works: simply give it a driver and I have access to the raid like to an ordinary disk (nothing to think about). But when I try linux, I obtain two disks (sdb and sdc, for exaple) and interestingly on one disk I can "see" (I mean dmesg output) 3 partitions (sdb1, sdb2 and sdb3) and on the other  - 2 (sdc1, sdc2) - in windows I partitioned the disk on 3 partitions. I tried the driver from sis.com (sis18x_20060508.zip). As I understood the sata_sis from sis.com is the same or almost the same as in kernel tree (I've tried 2.6.11). Then I looked at dmraid - it supports a lot of fakeraids, but not the sis:( I thought about software raid, but this frights me:)
And now the question: is there any posibility to obtain acces to my raid0-disk in linux or would I better find different problem to solve:)
Actually I have no information for the SiS software raid. But it is a good idea to support this using dmraid. I can try a support of this controller in dmraid,
but it takes some time.

regards,
Uwe Koziolek

-