Re: bug: AHCI: Serial ATA to CompactFlash adapter loops endlessly

Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
Hello Jeff,

While trying out a CompactFlash card on Serial ATA to CF adapter, I'm running into a machine that loops endlessly after attempting to disable DMA due to blacklisting. The adapter itself works with a different CF card that isn't blacklisted and uses DMA. Note that most CompactFlash should not be blacklisted, rather the adapters that don't wire up the DMA line should be worked around by the system owner with ideX=nodma (which is definately the case with some of the WRAP boards, which could perhaps be worked around by detecting their BIOS). Anyway, I'm game for testing any patches/ideas that folks have. Thanks,

Did you ever figure anything out in this direction?

As you saw on IRC, I might start poking at a SATA<->CF adapter in my quest to build a near-silent x86 machine.

	Jeff

-