Re: sata_sis only recognizing primary drive in 2.6.18

Uwe Koziolek wrote:
Hi,

I have tested the patch with separate port_info and a patch only adding
the flag ATA_FLAG_SLAVE_POSS for all controllers.
The result  is allways  the  same.  The second sata disk  is allways
/dev/sdb. libata handles this  correctly.

So i am not sure, that the separate port_info is really necessary. My
assumption is a ATA_FLAG_SLAVE_POSS
is sufficient for a correct handling.

If i am wrong, i will send a patch with separate port_info .

It might be sufficient to just add ATA_FLAG_SLAVE_POSS for all controllers but in general we don't want to sprinkle that flag over controllers which don't actually support slave device - sometimes for safety and also for documentation purpose. So, please make a separate port_info and add ATA_FLAG_SLAVE_POSS only to controllers which actually support slave devices.

Thanks.

--
tejun
-