Re: How to test SATA NCQ feature

On Thu, Oct 12 2006, Fajun Chen wrote:
> will be aborted by LOG PAGE 10h command, but how about the commands
> enqueued but haven't been sent to the device?  In my particular

Requests not yet issued to the device, all reside in the io scheduler
queue. When the drive invalidates its hardware queue, those previously
active commands are put back in to the io scheduler queue and now reside
with those that were yet to be issued. Once device recovery is complete,
queueing at the device level resumes.

Does that answer your question? Neither libata nor the device has any
knowledge of commands queue but not sent to the device.

--
Jens Axboe

-