Re: How to test SATA NCQ feature

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

In terms of ops/sec, I currently implemented it as the amout of data
transferred per seconds.  Please let me know if I need to implement it
differently.

I also have a question about NCQ error handling. Among all the
outstanding commands, if one command fails,  what will happen to the
rest of the commands? I understand that all the commands in the device
will be aborted by LOG PAGE 10h command, but how about the commands
enqueued but haven't been sent to the device?  In my particular
application, one thread is blocked for every outstanding command. So
depending on how libata handles outstanding commands,  it will have
significant implication to my user space application.

Thanks,
Fajun