Re: PATA on a SATA system doing PIO not DMA

Russell Coker wrote:
I have a Pentium-D machine with ICH7 chipset running the 64bit version of FC5 that has one S-ATA disk and one P-ATA disk. The S-ATA disk runs normally giving good performance while the P-ATA disk does about 1.5MB/s (PIO).

I have the drivers loaded in the initrd (can even have the root filesystem on the P-ATA disk). The P-ATA disk in question ran at full speed on RHEL4 in a 32bit Celeron machine and has run at full speed in a Pentium 4 machine running FC5.

Any ideas or suggestions for tests I should perform? Below is the relevant section of dmesg output:

I bet you need to build the IDE driver into the kernel.

	Jeff

-