Re: Fwd: [patch 1/1] sgiioc4: use mmio ops instead of port io

On Mon, 29 May 2006 18:32:19 -0700
Jeremy Higdon <jeremy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I sent this a couple of weeks ago to linux-ide, but I didn't see
> any response.

It's not exactly a hive of activity lately.

>  This patch fixes a bug in sgiioc4 where it was using
> the default IDE port I/O operations instead of MMIO.  I don't know
> who's maintaining linux-ide these days, so I'm forwarding directly
> to Linux and Andrew.
>
> The IDE part of the IOC4 chip uses MMIO to map the chip registers.
> Unfortunately, the sgiioc4 driver uses the default port IO operations,
> which happens to have worked for the past few years.  That's about
> to change, however, thus this change from inX/outX to readX/writeX.

The typecasts in there are getting out of control.  But this patch is a
victim, not a perpetrator ;)

I'll queue it for the next Linus batch, thanks.
-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in