Re: libata-tj and SMART

Le 05/16/2006 10:11 AM, Tejun Heo a écrit :

> Hmmm.. That measn SMART ENABLE/DISABLE ATTRIBUTE AUTOSAVE command fails.
>  But weirdly it fails with DRQ (ready for data) bit set, thus triggering
> HSM violation.  My guess is the drive doesn't support that command and
> when it aborts, it sends funky status.  I think you can safely ignore
> the error or remove -S on from smartd configuration.

Automatic Offline is also failing (-o on):
Error SMART Enable Automatic Offline failed: I/O error
Smartctl: SMART Enable Automatic Offline Failed.

Maybe it's not supported but there was no problem leaving these options
in the past. Anyway removing -o on -S on makes smartd happy.

> If you've got some time though, I'd like to see what's really going on.
>  Can you modify #undef ATA_DEBUT to #define ATA_DEBUG in
> include/linux/libata.h and post the kernel messages after issuing above
> command?  Be warned that it will produce a LOT of messages while booting
> if you're using SATA disks for your system, and it can considerably slow
> down booting.

OK.

--
Nico
Quand le doigt montre la lune, l'imbécile regarde le doigt.

-