Re: question about boot time drive initialization

saeed bishara wrote:
Hmmm.. weird.  That's not what I'm seeing.  AHCI reports command issue
failure if something goes wrong while transmitting D2H fis for a command
you mean H2D, don't you?

Yeap.

(probably when it sees R_ERR).  If I issue SRST shortly after power-on,
AHCI fails SRST due to command issue failure.  So, it seems that the
device rejects SRST before it transmits the first FIS34.

there is also the possiblity that the AHCI doesn't issue the FIS34 as
long as the BSY bit in the Status shadow register is set. so it's not
the disk fault. I have taken a look at the AHCI spec, and found that
you need to use the Commnad List Override (CLO) feature in order to
send FIS while BSY is set. do you use that ?

AHCI driver does CLO if necessary before issuing SRST, so I don't think CLO is the issue here.

--
tejun
-