Re: Pondering machvec ... was: [Patch] Remove sn2_defconfig.

Luck, Tony wrote:
I don't think I understand your argument.  Are you essentially saying we
should consider eliminating the mach_vec stuff entirely?  If so, will
we essentially be saying that the distros need to build a seperate kernel
for each of tiger, zx1, sn2, and uv?

No ... exactly the opposite ... I'm wondering whether we should give
up maintaining/building all the tiger_, zx1_ configs and only have the
generic one ... since it appears that the number of end users of non-generic
kernels can be counted on the toes of one foot.

Hi Tony,

IMHO it would be fine to just run the generic builds and forget about
the specialized ones. We can probably simplify the machvec
infrastructure a bit by doing so, but I don't see how we're going to get
rid of the bulk of it..... says the guy who is in the process of adding
more entries :-)

Cheers,
Jes