Re: DFSR settings and the mpc-i2c driver

Hi Leif,

> As you see, I have more questions than answers; any background information,
> pointers to previous discussions and opinions would be very much appreciated.

This driver was not touched often in the last times, so I am afraid just
posting to linux-i2c won't help much. I would suggest to have a look in
the git-history (it's also online if you don't have it [1]). There you
can find descriptions of the patches touching this driver; using the
subject line in your favourite search engine should then point you to
the discussions around it. Also, you get names of the people involved,
so if there are still questions left, you can set them to CC when asking
further questions (and in case you go back renough in time, you actually
might find me again :D But it's quite some time I touched this driver).

Hope this helps,

   Wolfram

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mpc.c