Re: Designware patches

On 06/19/2016 08:08 PM, Wolfram Sang wrote:
Hi Jarkko and everyone,

there are a bunch of patches pending for the designware driver and I am
a bit lost e.g. if a series is superseding another series by taking a
different approach, if there are contradicting series, or what would be
a good order to pick them. May I ask for some assistance here? The list
of patches can be seen here:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-i2c/list/?submitter=&state=&q=design&archive=&delegate=

I'd suggest I apply patches whenever they get acked- or rev-by tags. Or
drop them when someone says so in a reply to the patch. Does that sound
like a plan?

Yeah, there has been some activity recently. So far I don't remember we have any urgent fixes pending. Acked and reviewed patches are easy this time: they are independent and there are no contradicting patches so should be safe to apply.

Lucas De Marchi's patch seems to be still problematic for  	Christian.

Jisheng Zhang's and Ulf Hansson's sets are both around CLK and PM. Hinting there are things needs to be changed. I quess Jisheng's patches had some opens and left floating. Ulf's recent set is under discussion.

--
Jarkko