Re: i2c-i801 partially broken on Lynx Point PCH?

> 1* Remove I2C_FUNC_SMBUS_READ_I2C_BLOCK from the list of supported
>    transactions whenever SPD write protection is enabled. In practice I
>    think I2C Block Read is only useful for EEPROMs anyway, so I doubt
>    anyone else will miss it. This is clearly a hack, but it's quite
>    simple. Then the eeprom and at24 drivers will automatically fall
>    back to slower read methods.

Doesn't feel very hackish to me. We skip a functionality which is known
to not work in this configuration. IIUC we might be able to get it to
work if we throw more code at it, but I don't like the extra complexity
in the I2C core for such a rare case.