Re: i2c_transfer & dma

> So the question is - does the user of i2c_transfer have to provide a dma-able
> buffer, or is the bus driver (like the robotfuzz one) expected to convert
> incoming buffer into a dma-able buffer?

As of now, this is an open question, sadly. I have a tendency to leave
it to the drivers (maybe with helper functions from the core), because
I2C and DMA is so uncommon. I need to work on I2C & DMA next month
anyhow, so I hope to dive into that topic, too. No promises, though. If
you want to look into it already, please go ahead. The issue was raised
here, too: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220137/