Re: About a suspicious msleep during doxfer in s3c2410 i2c bus driver

Hi,

 >> It wasn't for the client devices, it was for issues with
 >> synchronisation with the controller hardware.  I'm just going on
 >> the basis of recollections of previous conversations with Ben
 >> here; I'm not sure to what extent this might be an issue with the
 >> way the hardware works requiring the driver to jump through hoops.

 Ben> I think this has been in here for a while, and may well not be
 Ben> necessary any more. If anyone else has tested this without the
 Ben> msleep() here, then I'd be interested to know.

I'll test on my 6410 board over the weekend. Notice that I've been
hacking on the uboot drivers/i2c/s3c24x0_i2c.c file to add s3c64xx
support, and I there had to add a udelay before setting the start
condition to get it to work stable.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard