Re: [Patch] MPC Adapter: read class attribute from device tree

> Something has to trigger an interrupt (or the user types a command)
> indicating that new hardware has been added. The driver of that device
> can modify the device tree. The rescan of the device tree will cause
> the i2c modules to automatically load. This shouldn't require any
> changes to the current i2c sub-system.

As I understood it so far, the purpose of the devicetree is done as soon
it is presented to the linux-kernel and once parsed during boot.
Changing it at runtime and reacting to that looks like a bigger step to
me. Hints for that are that most fdt-functions are __init and I couldn't
quickly find an add_node-function...

Shouldn't really matter anyhow, should it? As soon as we are run-time,
there shouldn't be any difference between DTS and platform_devices. It
is just driver-model then...

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |