Re: [Patch] MPC Adapter: read class attribute from device tree

Jon Smirl said the following:
> So a solution might lie down the path of having whatever catches the
> hotplug event (pci, usb, ..) run code that modifies the device tree
> and inserts the new i2c nodes. After the device tree has been modified
> trigger a rescan of devices so that the i2c drivers get loaded.  I've
> never tried doing that but it should be doable in theory.
>
> Something has to trigger an interrupt (or the user types a command)
> indicating that new hardware has been added. The driver of that device
> can modify the device tree. The rescan of the device tree will cause
> the i2c modules to automatically load. This shouldn't require any
> changes to the current i2c sub-system.

This is an solution, although it feels a bit more complicated than
necessary. My original plan is to check the bus in intervals of some
seconds via /dev/i2c for a specific device. When the device is detected
its module is loaded and the driver/device initialized. A simple user
space script, running in background.

--
Regards,
Michael