Re: [libgpiod] - fast writing while waiting for edge events

Hello Kent,
> Don't top reply - reply inline instead.
Sorry, still new here.

> Firstly, as noted, if you are talking separate requests then they are
> separate objects and you can do what you like.  So have one request for
> your PWM edge generator and another for the lines to read/write.
It doesn't add much, but just to clarify, the PWM signal is not
generated through libgpiod, I only use line requests to read lines and
edge events.

> In the current implementation, the gpiod_line_request object is immutable
> so it is safe to access it from multiple threads.
Thanks for giving insights into the current implementation. Knowing
this opens up a lot of easier options for synchronization, for example
synchronizing only writes (maybe not even necessary).

> Or it may be a defensive measure - in case
> a future change makes a currently immutable object mutable.
However, I also understand that the restrictive nature of the
documentation could presumably be designed for changes in the future.

Due to this I am a bit undecided whether I should base the C# binding
on the current implementation, but there is probably not much else
left for me. Even creating a separate request object for every
individual line would not fully solve the problem to be quick in
reading edge events and reading/writing lines of the same request
object, while adhering to the restrictions of the current
documentation.

Regards,
Mathias