[libgpiod] - fast writing while waiting for edge events

Hello,
>From reading other conversations I've learned that it's not a good
idea to have more than 1 thread accessing libgpiod objects. But this
raises the question of how to react to events and let reads/writes
through as quickly as possible at the same time. I have already played
around with the file descriptor of the request object to interrupt the
wait for edge events, but this solution is not good because it comes
at the expense of responsiveness to events, and requires complicated
synchronization.
How bad would it be to have 1 thread waiting for events and 1 other
thread reading/writing?

Regards,
Mathias