Re: RFC Need advice on reworking gpio-ep93xx.c to DT support

Dear Hartley,

> Are you just going to drop the other GPIO ports?

Of course i am not going to drop anything, i just showed binding for three types of ep93xx ports to shrink letter a bit.

This part is just an example of what i proposing for device tree.

We generally have:

- A/B port that share IRQ
- F port with IRQ for each line
- other ports that have nothing more than direction and data registers

> Note that the GPIO banks are registered a bit goofy, Ports C and F are not in order. They have been that way since the original Cirrus "crater" code base. If I remember correctly this was somewhere back in the 2.6.x kernel. Please make sure the GPIO numbers stay the same so that any userspace code does not break.

Thank you for pointing this out.