Re: [Lsf-pc] XFS BoF at LSFMM

On Thu, May 09, 2024 at 10:47:45AM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> > > Ritesh and Ted and Jan and I were chatting during the ext4 concall just
> > > now.  Could we have a 30 minute iomap bof at 2:30pm followed by the XFS
> > > bof after that?  That would give us some time to chat with hch about
> > > iomap (and xfs) direction before he has to leave.
> > >
> > > Alternately, we could announce a lunchtime discussion group on Monday
> > > following Ritesh's presentation about iomap.  That could fit everyone's
> > > schedule better?  Also everyone's braincaches will likely be warmer.
> >
> > Seems to me that there will be a wider interest in iomap BoF
> > Not sure what you mean by lunchtime discussion.
>
> Monday 90-minute lunch is posted as being in "Grand ballroom C", so I
> would tell everyone to come find the table(s) I'm sitting at for a
> discussion over lunch.  We can move out to a hallway after everyone's
> done eating.
>
> > We can move Willy's GFP_NOFS talk to 15:30 and have the iomap BoF
> > after Ritesh's session.
>
> <shrug> If you like, though I don't think it's totally necessary.  But
> you might have a better idea of what the venue is like than I do, so
> I'll let you make that call. :)

How did we decide to resolve this?  If we have the iomap BOF at
2:30pm, with a hard stop at 3:00pm, that would work for everyone
including Cristoph.

Or we can try to get all of the people interested in talking about
iomap at lunch on Wednesday.

Or we could do something that requires a lot more juggling of slots,
which I'll leave to the track leads.  :-)

All of these ideas work for me.

As far as scheduling per-file system BOF's, I'd like to claim the slot
immediately after XFS for an ext4 BOF, it that would be OK.

Thanks,

						- Ted