Re: fscache review comments, part 2

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 09:54:55AM +0100, David Howells wrote:
> >  - the Kconfig hackery is rather ugly.  I'd rather express the depencies
> >    with selects in this case - the filesystem fscache options select
> >    FSCACHE, as does the cachefiles module.  Patch will be sent later.
>
> I don't much like that either; some people want to build FS-Cache in whilst
> retaining AFS and NFS as modules, and you've removed that option.  I also
> think "select" should go away as it causes problems, though that's a weakness
> of the config programs.

Well, it's up to you.  But the current Kconfig bits are a really fragile
mess.

> >  - IIRC k* release callbacks must not be NULL.  Please check which
> >    Greg on your kset usage
>
> Eh?  The only one I've got is not NULL.  It points to fscache_ktype_release().

Sorry, it mean no-op, not NULL.  rest of the sentence stands as it is.

> >  - please adjust your comment style to normal linux style.  kernel-doc
> >    headers for functions please,
>
> kernel-doc is broken.  It encourages people to be lazy about writing proper
> documentation.  I have provided proper documentation.

It's not broken and it's the standard way of documenting kernel code.  David,
your free to use whatever coding style you want on your projects (even the
current one that I'd call "broken" when we want to start name-calling), but
please stick to the guideline for the project your working on.  And
Documentation/CodingStyle clearly suggests using kernel-doc style
documentation.
-