Re: File System Address Space Operations

--- Martin Jambor <jambormartin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/29/06, UZAIR LAKHANI <uzairr_bs1b@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I want to find out the details of the address
> space
> > operations. Where can I get the detailed
> information
> > about the address space operations.
>
> Have a look at
>
> a) Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt
> b) Documentation/filesystems/Locking and
> c) some simple fs that uses it (minix?)

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply and help. But the (a) and (b)
above don't give me enough details about the
theoretical aspects of address space operations. For
example why these operations are needed. What is their
flow etc. If you please give some more links that help
me understanding address space operations and buffer
cache issues clearly, then I will be thankful to you.

Thanks,
Uzair Lakhani