Re: bridge, vlan and *no* stp/bpdu

Hello Leigh,

This was one of the first things I looked at when I noticed that it
didn't reach the client.  As far as I can tell, no, the mac isn't on the
wrong port.  Come to think of it, I think the problem might have to do
with the bridge not learning the affected machine's MAC at all until I
removed in.3 from the bridge completely.  I'll do further tests and
confirm this shortly, especially if you think there is something to it.

Also of note, since I monitor the trunk itself (and I only filter by mac
when I do), I would have seen the reply if it went to the wrong vlan
anyway, or is that logic wrong?

Anyway, if the problem is that the bridge stops learning a specific
machine's MAC, is there a way for me to manually add the MAC to the
bridge table and see if it solves the problem?  If such is the case,
it's not really a solution, but it would certainly narrow down the scope
of the problem.

Jonathan