Re: bridge, vlan and *no* stp/bpdu

Can you do a brctl showmacs br0, and see if the machines which are not
receiving an ARP response are being seen by the bridge as being on the
wrong VLAN?

Ie, I'm wondering if the bridge sees their MAC address on an interface
other than the one they are really connected to. If that's the case, the
bridge would send their response out of the wrong interface, which may
result in the symptoms you are describing. I think there may be some
ebtables rules which could help here, but my memory fails me at this
point.

Regards,
             Leigh

Leigh Sharpe